Nerve Blocks for Pain Relief
What does the procedure entail?
A variety of nerve and joint infiltrations are performed to relieve chronic pain following surgery, injury or infection.
Who is it for?
This procedure is performed on patients with the following conditions:
- Chronic neck or back pain
- Chronic headache or facial pain
- Chronic nerve pain after surgery or trauma
Patients need to remain in hospital for two to six hours, depending on the procedure performed.
- Temporary weakness in the distribution of the nerve that is blocked.
- Side-effects are specific to the medication used when performing the procedure.